Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Eh....I'm A Hitch Double









<----Looked like Hitch this am when I woke up with my eye almost swollen shut........

First of all....I had a rude awakening because someone could not find the keys to the shop. So I had to get up and find them. Then we just ran out the door. I had to drop boyfriend off at work. I went back home to finish other things before I went into work myself. So as I was looking in the mirror I was literally horrified at how awful it really looked. I thought I could not go into public looking like I did. I knew that I had to have this looked at immediately because the swelling was getting in the way of my vision in my right eye. It didnt really warrant for an ER visit but I did not need to put it off any longer. So i've had this rash for almost a year but it's been an on & off kind of thing. I've been to 3 dr's and then I was told that I needed to see a dermatologist b/c the treatment was not working. So....I was given some names of dermatologist. I started calling around places to get fees and see when I could get in the soonest. Fees are a big issue right now and I have no insurance. Probably so with everyone else too in this suck ass economy. As I'm calling it dawns on me that I had a friend that worked for a derm dr. So I called her cell expecting to get a VM and she picked up. I told her what was going on and she told me what the fees would be and said you are in luck today....We had a no show and I can fit ya in, can you come right now. So of course I said YES. Get there see the Dr. with a few tests later and come out with a diagnosis of a facial fungus! WTF!! Are you kidding me!! I was thrilled to find out that it was highly treatable and the prognosis was excellent. Here I was thinking that it was something really really bad. I was given some samples of some cream and I'm getting the oral meds for free through a program. After I get a blood test tomorrow they send results to her and this is to make sure my liver function is ok I will be able to start the oral meds. Most likely test will be fine As far as the swelling goes....it's better than it was(not so scarry looking) thanks to the cream that I was given. Phewwww..............now that I have that taken care of I feel much better.

Now I can mark that off of my list of things to get taken care of. BTW....The Dr. was hiring too, So I took advantage of that since medical was my background was b4 opening my own business. After leaving my last job 1 yr ago I said I wasnt going back into the medical field ever again! LOL....You never know you might have to eat your words. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I will talk to her about a job when I pick the meds up. So there ya have it.... Killed 2 birds with 1 stone and I was not even looking for job today!

3 comments:

  1. I never heard of a facial fungus ... you must be so relieved to know it's treatable. Good luck on the job inquiry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Anonymous Drifter, Yeah I had never heard of it either. The doc said it most likely came from an animal. SOOOO RELIEVED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...at least you didn't find out your were pregnant. there is always something could be worse. never heard of this...sorry for what you are going through. hope you get better.

    ReplyDelete